This morning I posted on my instagram a new DIY Vinegar Cleaner. A lot of people said they are going to try it out which is very exciting. I wanted to share on my blog how to make this simple recipe. This post contains affiliate links. This is how I try and support my little family, if you are looking to purchase these items and would love to support my blog, please use my links!
- White Distilled Vinegar
- Citrus Peel ( lemon, orange, tangerine, etc.)
- Citrus essential oil (optional)
- Large Glass Jar
- Amber Spray Bottles
Directions for Vinegar Base
- Take a large glass jar and fill it up with your citrus peels
- Take White distilled vinegar and pour it in the jar until the citrus are covered
- Leave to infuse for 2-3 weeks in a dark area. The longer the more it will tone down the vinegar scent.
Directions for Diluting
- I’ve seen it done 1-1 or what I have done is 1/3 vinegar, 2/3 water. I find this is a nice balance.
- You’re going to want to drain the citrus peel from the vinegar once you’re ready to do this. I would do it over a sink with a colander.
- Add 2 parts water and 1 parts vinegar to your bottles.
- Enjoy cleaning!
This cleaner is great for showers, toilets, tubs, tile, glass, etc. You do not want to use it on wood or other porous materials such as soap stone or granite.
Try infusing with herbs too! I’ve heard pine and rosemary can be nice to add if you like. For more recipes like this and to join in on the fun + communicate with me in real time, hop on over to Instagram and let me know if you’ve tried this before!